A qualified French-to-English translator and writer (Diploma in Translation from the Institute of Linguists) for over twelve years, I have translated and written original copy in a variety of fields, with a particularly strong leaning towards art, history, travel, film and entertainment.
- Art-based projects: art exhibition guides, panels and books for the Réunion des musées nationaux-Grand Palais (Amadeo de Souza, Seidou Keïta, Haiti, Hokusai, Robert Mapplethorpe), Musée de Cluny (Swabian Sculpture), Musée national Fernand Léger, Biot (Fernard Léger: Reconstructing Reality), Musée du Luxembourg (Paul Durand-Ruel), MuCEM Marseille (Raymond Depardon, The Black and the Blue, At the Bazaar of Gender), Musée Granet Aix-en-Provence (Masterworks from the Pearlman Collection, American Icons Charles Camoin), National Art Center Tokyo (Niki de St Phalle).
- Pre-production film scripts for Philippe de Broca, Philippe Madral, Jean-Christophe Rufin (Et si on vivait tous ensemble starring Jane Fonda screened at French cinemas in January 2012), Carine Hazan (Eden).
- Transcreation for Alstom – Paris (advertorial on tramways for the World Bank), Michelin (semantic analysis and writing style guide in conjunction with the Institut pour la qualité de l’expression), Renault – London re-writing of English-language website.
- Travel and magazine work: several Michelin Green Guides (North of France, French Riviera, Sicily), translator of monthly fashion and culture magazine Paris Capitale; translator and writer of Nice Code (nicecode.fr); contributor to monthly lifestyle magazine Upstreet; annual tourist guides for the Mairie de Paris (food, entertainment, shopping, run of 300,000 copies).
- Corporate work: trade show visitor guides for Comexposium; human resource announcements for Royal Canin and Lagardère; corporate press releases for Vivendi Universal; motorcycle descriptions for Sym; human resources strategy presentation for BNPP; publicity strategy document for Nissan; website for architect Christian de Portzamparc.
- Public administration: press releases on the French Prime Minister’s website; crisis management seminar for the Mairie de Paris
- Voluntary translations: Traducteurs sans Frontières, Médecins du Monde, Medecins sans Frontières, Handicap International